King of Prussia Veterans Career Fair
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Hyatt House King of Prussia/Philadelphia
The Job Fair will take place in the Frederick and Penn rooms..
Parking is complimentary.
- What makes a MilitaryX event different?
- Are the employers actually hiring?
- Why don't all employers accept paper résumés?
- What if the employers are in industries that don't interest me?
- What time should I arrive?
What makes a MilitaryX event different?
A MilitaryX event is where transitioning military, veterans, and their spouses can meet with recruiters from dozens of companies. These events are free for attendees.
Are the employers actually hiring?
Yes, and they have a number of different positions. As a result, their recruiters interact with veterans in a variety of ways.
- Some recruiters have job openings that they need to fill immediately.
- Other recruiters are looking for hard-working individuals to apply for jobs that are almost always open. That kind of recruiter might ask for a paper resume and/or give you a business card and ask you to call.
- Some recruiters have positions that are not available right now, but will be opening up soon. These employers want to identify candidates and get them in the pipeline now so they can fill those positions as soon as possible when they receive hiring approval.
Why don’t all employers accept paper résumés?
A federal regulation called the OFCCP Internet Applicant Rule tells certain government contractors how to gather and retain job applications via the Internet. Because of the Rule, many contractors require that applicants use their online systems and not submit paper resumes.
- OFCCP is the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, an agency of the United States Department of Labor's Employment Standards Administration.
- The OFCCP enforces laws prohibiting employment discrimination by federal contractors.
- Some employers that are not bound by the Rule do not accept paper resumes simply because they have put their entire application process on the Internet. One great advantage to applicants is that large employers can easily route the online resumes of desirable applicants to the appropriate divisions, offices, plants, etc.
What if the employers are in industries that don’t interest me?
An employer's primary industry or company name does not necessarily indicate what openings the company is trying to fill.
- A drugstore chain may be recruiting for positions in transportation and distribution.
- A brewery may be recruiting for jobs in information technology.
What time should I arrive?
Feel free to try and arrive a little early to get near the front of the registration line, or you can choose to arrive a few hours after the event starts and avoid the crowd.
Online Resume Builder
The online resume builder that is easy to use, fast & professional.Build My Resume Now